Find a coalition in your area of Ohio:
- Northeast Ohio Breastfeeding Coalition: Contact Lisa Fiorilli, lfiorilli (@) swgeneral.com
- Southwest Ohio Breastfeeding Coalition
- Southeast Ohio Breastfeeding Coalition
- Sandusky County Breastfeeding Coalition
- Appalachian Breastfeeding Network
- Central Ohio Breastfeeding Coalition
- Tri-County Breastfeeding Connections
- Greater Miami Valley Breastfeeding Coalition: Contact Georgette Hall, ghall (@) phdmc.org or Linda Smith, lindaj (@) bflrc.com
- Ohio Valley Breastfeeding Coalition
- (please note the email addresses above are altered to prevent spam; take out the spaces and parentheses to render them correctly)
If your coalition is not listed here, but would like to be, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Local and regional coalitions across Ohio work to:
Improve the health of Ohio citizens by working collaboratively to protect, promote and support breastfeeding and human milk feeding.
Increase the number of employers who provide worksite breastfeeding support programs to 38%.
Reduce the proportion of breastfed newborns who receive formula supplementation within the first 2 days of life.
Increase the proportion of live births that occur in facilities that provide recommended care for lactating mothers and their babies.
Increase public awareness of breastfeeding as a health care intervention and disease prevention strategy for maternal and child health conditions, which include but are not limited to: obesity, heart disease, diabetes, cancers, etc.
Develop networks for sharing and disseminating information among groups and individuals in Ohio interested in improving the health of mothers and infants/children through breastfeeding.