Find a coalition in your area of Ohio:
- Northern Ohio Lactation Association and Coalition
- Southwest Ohio Breastfeeding Coalition
- Southeast Ohio Breastfeeding Coalition
- Sandusky County Breastfeeding Coalition
- Appalachian Breastfeeding Network
- Central Ohio Breastfeeding Coalition
- Tri-County Breastfeeding Connections
- Greater Miami Valley Breastfeeding Coalition: Contact Linda Smith, email@example.com
- Ohio Valley Breastfeeding Coalition
- Delaware County Breastfeeding Coalition: Contact Candace Myers via Delaware Public Health District – Delaware OH (email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 740-368-1700 x7)
- If your coalition is not listed here, but would like to be, please contact us at email@example.com
Local and regional coalitions across Ohio work to:
Improve the health of Ohio citizens by working collaboratively to protect, promote and support breastfeeding and human milk feeding.
Increase the number of Ohio families who breastfeed their infants.
Increase community support for breastfeeding and lactation.
Increase worksite breastfeeding support programs.
Reduce the proportion of breastfed newborns who receive formula supplementation within the first 2 days of life.
Increase public awareness of breastfeeding as a health care intervention and disease prevention strategy for maternal and child health conditions, which include but are not limited to: obesity, heart disease, diabetes, cancers, etc.
Develop networks for sharing and disseminating information among groups and individuals in Ohio interested in improving the health of mothers and infants/children through breastfeeding.